In this lesson, you are going to learn key expressions to talk about what you do and your job responsibilities.
To find out what someone's job is you ask:
How to talk about your job:
Here are the key expressions you can use to say what you do:
to deal with = to handle
to oversee - to watch somebody / something and make sure that a job or an activity is done correctly (Synonym: supervise)
to be in charge of - It is used when you are responsible for someone or something.
You can also use the structure:
Read the job responsibilities below and match them with the jobs. There are three extra answers.
telemarketer, editor, cashier, media assistant, media buyer, promoter, social media specialist, copywriter, typist
1. This person is responsible for data transfer from paper formats into digital files or database systems and for transcribing documents from dictated tapes.
2. This person oversees layout (artwork, design, photography) and checks content for accuracy and errors.
3. This person handles cash transactions with customers using cash registers.
4. This person is responsible for cold calling people using a given phone directory to sell products.
5. This person is responsible for comparing and negotiating rates, ad space and time slots with various media outlets.
6. This person is in charge of distributing product samples, brochures, flyers, etc. to source new sales opportunities.
1. typist; 2. editor; 3. cashier; 4. telemarketer; 5. media buyer; 6. promoter
Write down about your job responsibilities using key expressions from this lesson.
Collocations with Job (Part 1)
Collocations with Job (Part 2)
English Lesson: Jobs and Skills
Business English: Working in an office
English Lesson: Collocations for Success
English Lesson: Collocations for Feelings
Commonly Used Phrases in Spoken English
Business English: Prepositions with WORK
Business English: How to Talk about Money
Please LIKE and SHARE with friends!
DO YOU NEED ENGLISH FOR WORK?
Take 40 lessons on topics which include: phone calls, socialising, presentations, meetings, time management, problem-solving, company structure, figures, trends, marketing, selling, and more.
Your English Success Today is happy to share some free lessons with you. We want to help you improve your English language skills through this blog. Please feel free to leave a comment and share this blog with your friends and colleagues who are also learning English. We hope you enjoy our lessons.
You must not modify, adapt, copy, store, transfer or circulate the contents of this website under any other branding or as part of any other product. You may not print out material for any commercial purpose or resale.
Copyright © Your English Success Today
Thanks for visiting the blog! :)
Support the Facebook page!
Our Contact Info:
You can contact us on Facebook, Instagram, Skype or via email.